Ember was a band from Exeter which featured Joe Catcheside on vocals, Dan Wright on lead guitar, Floyd Zoboki on rhythm guitar, George Davies on bass and Tony Price on drums. Previously there were different members, including Vince Canning on bass, with Dan Wright remaining the constant creative force throughout the entire length of Ember’s existence.
Floyd had already left the band and the country when these recordings were made, although the emigration and the recordings were coincidental to each other.
Moving On was written by Joe Catcheside/Phil Woodward/James Willmott. The other songs were written by the original Ember line-up, which was Dan Wright (guitar)/Vince Canning (bass)/Robert Coache (vocals)/Emma Richardson (drums).
These songs formed the Moving on a Moment in Life demo and were recorded by Martin Dearmun of Transit Recordings in 1999 at Fig Tree Farm, Butterleigh, in deepest, darkest rural Devonshire.
If we locate more of Ember’s recordings in our archives, we shall upload those as well.
- Wud Records: our Bandcamp download/playlist chart for November 2013
- Dark Company: reggae compilation
- Dark Company: Noir sonic upgrade
- Wud Records: web traffic reaches new monthly high
- Dark Company: Broken Tubes and Listen
- Wud Records: 30 years of wudding!
- Pok: new Twitter and Facebook feeds
- Wud Records: recommended albums at Bandcamp
- Dark Company: Alien Heat beta mixes
- Pok: Fooog’z Bloooz