Alchemeon, named by Jim, began in November 2008 and lasted until May 2009. The name comes from a combination of ‘alchemy’ and an anagram of ‘chameleon’, which is a play by Pok that has been performed by a variety of casts on numerous stages over several years.
The band Alchemeon showed great talent and potential and sadly it ended all too soon with only a few snatches of recordings of them in rehearsal remaining. Alchemeon featured the talents of Pok on guitar and voice, Jim on his vast banks of keys and voice, Iggy on drums and George on bass. Their set consisted of several songs from The Space Goats and Laughing Sun as well as some new material.
It is not inconceivable that Alchemeon may rise again someday. Updates will be given when available in the Wud Records ‘News’ service.
- Alchemeon: The Professor returns
- Alchemeon: possible future activity?
- Alchemeon: big in Indonesia
- Alchemeon: pause pressed
- Alchemeon: Sidmouth Folk Festival?
- Alchemeon: back to work
- Alchemeon: new playlist uploaded
- Alchemeon: Andy being integrated
- Alchemeon: out-takes and good takes
- Alchemeon: new versions of songs uploaded